LOOKS FROM THE 2011 RUNWAYS
Swinging London was born out of the happy 60′s.The centre of where it was all happening was Carnaby street-the place where everyone wanted to be seen, from mods and pop stars to hippies and designers.
60s WITH A MODERN 2011 LOOK
Philosophy Di Alberta Ferretti
Mary Quant the marvellous woman who invented the mini skirt had a shop there and around the corner was the Marquee Club, where the Rolling Stones, The Who and Jimi Hendrix all played. Fashion wise the look was graphic in colour and cut. Inspired by shrunken English school uniforms think along the lines of miniskirts,calf length trousers, club stripes,tweeds with a white shirt and tie.
BURBERRY 2011 in colour
The mod style is always a winner and to get it right you need a clever mix of slim tailoring, pointed shoes teamed with a parka and duffel coat. The perfect formula for Spy’s mod tailoring-shift dresses, graphic prints and cat’s eyes rule!
CAT’S EYES SUNGLASSES
PRADA BOOTS 2011
For a modern retro look, it’s all about a tweed skirt suit, a good coat sharply cut above the knee and don’t forget to add the messed up hair style of a French pleat!
BURBERRY 2011 monochrome
I loved their clutch bags as it brought a modern 2o11 feel to it….
- A lesson in who are our Designer Gods Well OK girls not everyone has the budget to buy designer but if you have a...
- Modern Romance THE BIG LOVE STORY It really is the season to be in love -as there...
- Raffia R is for RAFFIA MICHAEL KORS SANTORIN BAG Raffia is always a big hit when...
- ORIENTALISM ORIENTALISM Philosophy Di Alberta Ferretti, Kenzo, Dries Van Noten, Louis Vuitton all took their take...
- Trend Report Every season I always seem to love the new looks until the next big thing...